At Sumo Logic, we are building the Next Generation Log Management and Analytics solution --- delivered as a cloud-based service.
Sumo Logic enables IT operations
teams to perform rapid root cause analysis of critical IT infrastructure; DevOps
teams to quickly analyze and troubleshoot production application issues; and IT Security
teams to uncover security incidents buried in terabytes of log data.
We have 1200+ enterprise customers with $160.5M in funding from the world's leading investors (Accel, Greylock, Sequoia, Sutter Hill, and DFJ Growth), and we are reshaping the Big Data landscape with its cloud-based machine data analytics platform with an All-Star team.
We are looking for a highly driven and successful Deal Desk Manager who is looking to join a fast moving, SaaS Machine Data Analytics startup. This is a highly visible position within the company and you will work collaboratively across sales; customer success; legal and finance teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring deals are structured and negotiated to comply with Sumo Logic’s policies and processes. You will be a part of the Global Sales Operations team and will own all aspects of deal structuring; pricing, quote creation, contract reviews and non-standard terms working closely with senior executives including CRO, CFO and VP of Sales Operations to ensure deals are managed to their conclusion.
What we need:
- You should possess a minimum 5 years with experience supporting sales operations in a multi-element and complex software solutions environment.
- Experience with both Channel and Direct Sales model is highly desirable.
- Revenue recognition knowledge
- Experience with establishing best practices around implementing pricing strategies
- Extremely strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours during end of quarters
- Salesforce and Zuora experience is a huge plus!
- An FP&A background is highly desired
What you will be doing:
- Lead the day-to-day aspects of quoting and pricing approvals including driving and supporting the sales team in multi –element and complex deal structuring
- Work closely with Finance, Legal, Sales, and Operations to structure, process and close License Agreements and non-standard transactions.
- Assist with deal structuring, non-standard deal requests, channel transactions, etc.
- Assist Sales Operations management team with process improvements, special projects, sales enablement, etc.
- Function as a point of contact and escalation point for the sales team