The individual will be responsible for applying his/her professional knowledge and skills in the preparation and presentation of Carousell’s accounting/financial information. Through in-depth analysis, the individual will assist management in critically evaluating the business performance.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Process month and end year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, account reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Meet financial accounting objectives and statutory compliances
- Cash management
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Over time, build and manage a team
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work hands on, and also an ability to direct and supervise
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience
Carousell is a mobile classifieds app that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in May 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 13 cities around the world. With over 35 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC. In 2016, Carousell was ranked number 1 technology startup to work for in a survey conducted by CareerBuilder Singapore.