LendUp (YC W12) is a financial technology startup based in SF whose mission is to provide anyone with a path to better financial health. Our first products are focused on providing dignified credit to the 56% of the US who has too low a credit score to access most traditional banks.
About the role:
The Compliance Analyst, Credit Card will provide support to the Business Unit Compliance Officer (Manager) in their oversight of LendUp’s regulatory compliance testing program. The Testing Analyst is responsible for playing a critical role in the execution of LendUp’s compliance testing program, reporting on testing results, and performing validation. This position can be based in San Francisco, CA or Richmond, VA.
- Under direction of the Business Unit Compliance Officer, create testing/validation plans and conduct reviews of various business functions (i.e., Credit Cards, Consumer Lending, etc.) to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure testing complies with the program testing requirements and procedures.
- Ensure annual testing plan is completed as planned.
- Evaluate methods, processes, procedures and risks and ascertain significant compliance and control issues, making recommendations when needed.
- Analyze findings and perform root cause analysis, distinguishing between various levels of compliance risk.
- Prepare and support corrective action plans with business lines and validate implementation. Identify and assist in resolving compliance and control issues.
- Draft compliance reports, including details of identified significant findings.
- Escalate any compliance concerns to the Business Unit Compliance Officer or the Compliance Group for possible corrective action.
- Interact with business line managers and other staff functions as appropriate.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of state laws and regulations such as FCRA, FDPA, Reg. Z, SCRA, UDAAP, GLBA, FDCPA, Dodd Frank, etc.
- Comply fully with all LendUp’s Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- 1+ years plus years related experience in consumer lending compliance or similar function
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- Knowledge of 1/more relevant consumer federal laws (e.g. ECOA, TILA, FDCPA, UDAAP, FCRA, etc.)
- Strong and effective communicator
- Critical thinker and organized
Why we like working at LendUp:
- Working with talented, collaborative, and entrepreneurial teams, united by a common mission
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k)
- Free lunches every day and three snack-filled kitchens
- Open vacation policy
- Incredible office located in the Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, SamTrans, and Golden Gate Transit and on major bicycle routes
- Weekly happy hours, quarterly team building, volunteer activities
- Free on-site gym with shower facilities
- Dog-friendly office
- Macbooks and Thunderbolt monitors for everyone
LendUp is a financial technology startup, based in San Francisco, working to expand credit access and services to a demographic underserved by traditional lenders. We’re a Y-Combinator alum (YC W12) backed by prominent investors such as Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins and many more. We currently have over 200 employees and continue to grow exponentially.
What we’re doing:
Millions of people don’t have access to the credit they deserve. Their options for borrowing money are unfair and limited, and it’s easy to become trapped in a downward debt spiral.
Our first product, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternative to payday loans that provides an opportunity to access credit at lower interest rates over time which furthers LendUp's goal of improving financial literacy and providing customers with an opportunity to build their credit scores. Our second product, the L Card, is a credit card (currently in beta) that provides best-in-class technology to a customer group that’s often overlooked.
We are continuing to build the next generation of dignified financial products that we all deserve — giving us back our time, money and control of our financial well-being.