we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
) is an urban mobility brand that launched its first product, an electric scooter, in 2014. The unu scooter offers you a new way of mobility as they are equipped with portable batteries and sold directly to consumers and business customers – so unu stands for fair prices for your mobility by eluding dealer costs. After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, the Netherlands and France unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 60 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin in April 2018.
At unu you have the chance to join the bold development of a coming generation of mobility. Dream up ideas, discuss technical possibilities, assess tech alternatives and then quickly make it work. With your contribution, the next unu generation will become more advanced, smarter and personal. We offer you the opportunity to work with an award-winning, expert team in our lab in central Berlin and develop technologies for the next level of mobility.
- As a full-stack senior software engineer, you will lead the development on various web applications that will bring the urban mobility experience to a whole new level
- Build cross-browser web applications to unlock access to a world of IoT devices
- Work closely with designers and product managers to explore new possibilities in app development
- Lead the development and delivery of front-end applications with solid engineering and pristine UX
- Collaborate with other members of software engineering team to build the backend APIs that power the web applications
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - connection, creative challenger, simple perfection, authenticity, we are david - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city. That’s what it’s all about! Other than that, we’d really like it if you bring us the following:
- You have a degree in computer science / software engineering or a related field
- Solid understanding of fundamental UI engineering principles and application architectures as well as solid understanding of OOP design and principles
- Proven experience with WebSockets and real-time applications
- You need to be hands on with Node.js
- You have an affinity for UX and design; developing products with world-class UX is a passion for you
- Excellent English communication skills
- You will get your own unu fleet scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A highly diverse and vibrant set of people with a strong cultural bond and space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers
- Free yoga sessions
Are you ready to join our team? Please note that the earliest possible starting date would be in April 2018.
Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please please provide a short cover letter with a clear motivation on why you want to work for unu! Also please show us your Github account, your private site or other whatever project that makes you proud as a software engineer!