The Commercial Counsel will primarily support general commercial functions of the company, with a focus on negotiating key commercial agreements (e.g., contract manufacturing agreements, sell-in customer agreements, broker and distributor agreements, service agreements,material transfer agreements, and non-disclosure agreements).
You will also support general corporate matters including dispute resolution, corporate governance and compliance functions and, if desired, could also support the company’s research and development (R&D) function on contractual matters.
At Hampton Creek, our goal is to disrupt the food system by making better, healthier, more delicious and more affordable food available to all consumers. As part of Hampton Creek, the Legal team is regularly asked to develop innovative solutions to complex contractual, regulatory, IP issues and other matters.
The Legal team is viewed as a strategic business partner for nearly every part of the company, and our employees are excited to have an attorney to brainstorm with and lead them through the contractual negotiation.
The Legal team is intentionally designed to be lean and collaborative. Although each person does have a primary focus within the company, there is ample opportunity to learn and be exposed to significant opportunities outside of this focus (e.g., policy, regulatory strategy, advertising law, etc.).
· 5 – 7 years of transactional legal experience (including 2-3 years of in-house experience).
· Strong preference for significant experience negotiating sales and supply chain agreements in a “physical product” industry (e.g., food, hardware and consumer products).
· Being well-versed in common intellectual property (“IP”) issues in commercial agreements is a major plus as well.
· Must be comfortable independently interfacing with, and managing expectations of, multiple business units within the organization (e.g., sales, supply chain / operations, etc.).
· Strong verbal communication skills are critical, in particular, in combination with educating business unit partners regarding key legal issues. Looking for a person that takes ownership and is not afraid to delve into new substantive areas of the law.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Hampton Creek.