INGENIA | Talent Solutions has been retained to assist Qualitas Health Inc on the search & selection of a Financial Controller, based in Houston, TX
Would you like to be part of a bio-tech company that develops innovative technologies based on microalgae? Does a multidisciplinary team with broad experience in biology, chemistry, engineering and medical products sound appealing to you? Do you want to join an exciting start up, backed by an extraordinary group of managers and investors? Qualitas Health is a privately-held company developing high-value vegetarian food supplements and pharmaceutical ingredients based on Omega-3 oils from a sustainable algae source. The company’s products target the multi-billion global market for Omega-3 products, with its premium supplements segment sector growing at over 30% per year. The company’s intellectual property portfolio, vast technological know-how and expertise span throughout the production process, from algae culturing to final product.
We are looking for a Financial Controller based in Houston, TX, to closely with the company's CFO to oversee the accounting operations, consolidation with parent company and external audit, prepare financials management reports and financial reports for the Board of Directors, budget and cash projections.
You will join a:
- A start up with an extraordinary investor base and multidisciplinary management team
- A company with a purpose and a unique & proprietary technology
- A place in which you can grow your career and expand your skills & knowledge
WHAT YOU WILL DO ON A DAILY BASIS
Overall: We are seeking for a highly organized professional, with strong attention to detail, solid understanding of GAAP, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and work well with others. You will be responsible and accountable for all activities and performance in the accounting department. You will provide management with insights which will improve, automate, and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize the contribution to the overall corporate strategic and business plans.
Going more granular, you will…
- Develop of a costing system for our products.
- Be responsible for the efficient operation of the day-to-day activities of the accounting department including: general ledgers, account, intercompany reconciliations, journal entries, fixed asset recording, banking transactions, accounts payable, check runs and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review and audit inventory
- Enhance and maintain internal controls.
- Supervise billing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Oversee monthly closing, ensure data presented are accurate, up to date and complete.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Prepare, distribute and file 1099s as well as any industry specific forms.
- Assist with external audit.
- Perform other related duties as required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of relevant working experience
- Track record in ERP implementation
- Manufacturing and costing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master degree
- Working knowledge of manufacturing cost accounting
- US GAAP
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Proficiency in MS Excel and rest of MS Office products.
- Strong communication skills
People & Relationships
o Influencing – Can influence people through negotiating
Tasks & Projects
o Analytical - An analytical problem-solver, with relevant information at their fingertips, able to see pros and cons; good at working with numbers and handling statistics
o Conscientious - follows rules set down for their work; honors any promises, deadline or commitments made; believes in ethics and values
o Methodical - Believes in methodical and procedural approaches; plans and organizes tasks; structures own work efficiently; gives due attention to accuracy
Drives & Emotions
o Flexibility - Adapts flexibly to new challenges and circumstances; able to change behavior; thrives on variety and frequently changing environments
o Decisive & Action Oriented - Has a high level of energy and stamina; gets things done; makes rapid decisions; enjoys risk and a fast pace of work
OTHER RELEVANT TRAITS
- Learning & Improving: focus on learning fast new ways of working and improving approaches to meet goals. Learns from feedback and experience
- Seeking & Embracing Change - Seeks ways to challenge the status quo; willingness to embrace changes positively and openly
- Collaboration with Others - Orientation towards collaborating effectively with others to achieve goals. Recognizes the importance of consulting with others and harnessing the views of the wider team
- Ambition - Shows long term ambition to succeed and fulfill their potential despite challenges
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong work ethic
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Ingenia Talent Solutions.