INGENIA | Talent Solutions has been retained to assist Qualitas Health Inc on the search & selection of a Senior Purchasing Specialist, based in Houston, TX
Would you like to be part of a bio-tech company that develops innovative technologies based on microalgae? Does a multidisciplinary team with broad experience in biology, chemistry, engineering and medical products sound appealing to you? Do you want to join an exciting start up, backed by an extraordinary group of managers and investors? Qualitas Health is a privately-held company developing high-value vegetarian food supplements and pharmaceutical ingredients based on Omega-3 oils from a sustainable algae source. The company’s products target the multi-billion global market for Omega-3 products, with its premium supplements segment sector growing at over 30% per year. The company’s intellectual property portfolio, vast technological know-how and expertise span throughout the production process, from algae culturing to final product.
We are looking for a Senior Purchasing Associate based in Houston, TX, to oversee the purchasing/Logistics operations of Qualitas Health. The position initially will concentrate on establishing good controls and processes for IPR (Internal Purchase Request), routing approvals, placing POs, and actual purchases. You will play a key role in the ERP implementation and process development and manage the logistics as the company grows and expand into a worldwide producer of Omega 3 and Algae based nutraceuticals finished products
You will join a:
- A start up with an extraordinary investor base and multidisciplinary management team
- A company with a purpose and a unique & proprietary technology
- A place in which you can grow your career and expand your skills & knowledge
WHAT YOU WILL DO ON A DAILY BASIS
You will be responsible for Qualitas Health’s entire purchasing and logistics. Going more granular, you will...
- Implement best practices to ensure that Qualitas’ purchasing department is efficiently serving the operational division (e.g. competitive bidding, negotiations with vendors, sourcing new vendors, etc)
- Be responsible for securing favorable pricing, delivery terms, and payment terms.
- Proactively seek opportunities for cost savings and seek to understand our unique, niche product and operations.
- Monitor and follow up on multiple simultaneous purchasing requests at any one time, each different stages in the approval process
- Some clerical duties such as updating manual purchase log, managing approval process, following up with individuals involved in approval process, issuing POs, placing orders, and following up on the delivery and receipt at our offsite production facility.
- Initially our shipments will be infrequent, but as we bring our product to market the international shipping requirements will increase significantly.
Because Qualitas is a start-up business transitioning from R&D to mass production, there is a wide range of tasks that arise on a daily basis. You will be a critical part of the team to assist in bearing the ad-hoc tasks. You will also play an important role in the upcoming ERP implementation. In addition to the main objectives you will assist in many other duties as assign as part of a small growing headquarter team. These include but not limited to assist with expense reports, assist with clerical duties that may come up in a small office environment (e.g. travel reservations, other support responsibilities, etc).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Intermediate purchasing and logistics experience
- Experience working with vendors
- Experience with international shipping and logistical standards
- Associate's Degree in a relevant field
- QuickBooks - entering and issuing POs
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word
- Comfortable learning new software packages
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
People & Relationships
o Communicative - communicates openly with others; can maintain relationships, prefers working in a team
Tasks & Projects
o Conscientious - follows rules set down for their work; honors any promises, deadline or commitments made; believes in ethics and values
o Methodical - Believes in methodical and procedural approaches; plans and organizes tasks; structures own work efficiently; gives due attention to accuracy
Drives & Emotions
o Flexibility - Adapts flexibly to new challenges and circumstances; able to change behavior; thrives on variety and frequently changing environments. Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity
o Decisive & Action Oriented - Has a high level of energy and stamina; gets things done; makes rapid decisions; enjoys risk and a fast pace of work
OTHER RELEVANT TRAITS
- Learning & Improving: focus on learning fast new ways of working and improving approaches to meet goals. Learns from feedback and experience
- Seeking & Embracing Change - Seeks ways to challenge the status quo; willingness to embrace changes positively and openly
- Collaboration with Others - Orientation towards collaborating effectively with others to achieve goals. Recognizes the importance of consulting with others and harnessing the views of the wider team
- Ambition - Shows long term ambition to succeed and fulfill their potential despite challenges
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong work ethic
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Ingenia Talent Solutions.