Reports To: Director of Academics
Position Purpose: The Curriculum and Assessment Lead drives student achievement in the SPARK Schools network by ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and rigorous and that our assessment accurately measures student progress toward each individual's achievement goals.
The Curriculum and Assessment Lead’s leadership in the SPARK Schools network is integral to the SPARK Schools mission to create systemic change in South African education.
Monitor, refine, and implement the curriculum and assessment model at SPARK Schools.
● Design and/or supplement a rigorous network-wide curriculum that aligns to and extends
the South African national curriculum, including comprehensive assessments for all grades and all subjects (maths, literacy, PE and life skills).
● Facilitate pre-service professional development for school leaders and teachers on
curriculum, culture, and community-building and further support school leaders in the
design and facilitation of weekly professional development sessions for instructional
● Facilitate a network-wide assessment and data analysis cycle that allows school leaders
to analyse student performance and identify areas for school-wide targeted instruction.
● Seek opportunities to integrate Learning Lab data with classroom assessment data to
create a richer understanding of student progress.
Demonstrate a relentless commitment to student achievement.
Participate in staff recruitment.
Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits, such as meeting deadlines, honouring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
Participate in and drive own professional development.
● Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools Support and SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
● Nurture a high-achieving work environment where staff feel genuinely valued and supported.
● Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools Support to SPARK Schools Support staff and SPARK Schools staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at SPARK Schools.