For over 35 years, Nielsen Bainbridge has been bringing custom framers the highest quality aluminum frames in the world. With over 450 references, Nielsen Bainbridge offers innovative design solutions in a wide assortment of profiles, colors and exclusive anodized finishes making it a top international custom framing and preservation company.
Nielsen Bainbridge is the only manufacturer with an extruding, anodizing and painting facility devoted exclusively to picture frame moulding, allowing strict quality control every step of the way.
We are currently seeking an Assembly Department Manager for our manufacturing plant located in Gainesboro, TN. The Assembly Manager is responsible for operations in a 100,000 square foot facility generating more than $5M in sales. You will also manage purchasing, maintaining minimal inventory, minimal out of stocks, and a maximum fill rate, and manage the shipping preparation for up to $13 million among our product lines.
We offer competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and paid vacation.
- Supervise approximately 30 shop floor personnel to produce, ship, and receive products in a timely fashion.
- Optimize shop floor systems to achieve maximum operational efficiency.
- Oversee Training activities and programs
- Maintain and update quality manual
- Collect and submit all operational performance measurement data required by the Plant Manager on a timely basis.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to co-workers and management.
- Track and maintain daily production records including units per man hour.
- Track and maintain weekly quality returns
- Actively participate in weekly production meetings
- Manage the quality control process for purchased materials
- Communicate with customer service on a daily basis to resolve problems and ensure timely shipments.
- Work with Sales and Marketing as required.
- Determine material needs and orders accordingly, taking into account inventory levels, minimum order quantity, lead times.
- Responsible for fill rates of at least 98%.
- Work with overseas vendors to receive products in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience as a manufacturing Department or Plant Manager.
- Demonstrate good managerial judgment in dealing with operational and employee issues
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge with Sage ERP software is a plus.
- Ability to distinguish colors and color variations.