APAC Payroll Manager
We are seeking a results oriented and service driven APAC Payroll Manager who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment. The ideal candidate should have strong influencing skills, relationship building and collaboration, judgment, team work, people management, and the ability to work with various partners to maintain strong overall governance of the payroll process.
The APAC Payroll Manager will supervise payroll preparation/processing in India, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, and Japan, and carry out responsibilities such as tax and compliance reporting, vendor relationship management, maintaining payroll records, and supporting Payroll Accounting functions including journal entries and account reconciliation administration.
The ideal candidate must have ability to coordinate and lead the implementation of payroll in new countries across APAC, implement quality control measures to ensure accuracy and compliance, adapt to new policies, and implement new procedures based on leading practices. This person must be a hands-on manager providing guidance and mentorship to the payroll team, be a self-starter, and be able to manage multiple deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Review and approve the monthly and off-cycle payroll reports and summaries prepared by the Payroll Specialists
- Assess the skills and capabilities of the payroll specialists and work cooperatively to facilitate the growth of each team member
- Research and handle extremely confidential information in an expeditious and discretionary manner.
- Liaise with Human Resources and external tax advisors on expat payroll and hypo tax withholding.
- Provide excellent customer support to ensure the best possible ‘employee experience’.
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedure, and systems to facilitate growth and statutory compliance.
- Reconcile and confirm 3rd party provider processes on the filing, remittance, and posting of all payroll taxes, levies, and garnishments.
- Act as back up on the reconciliation of monthly payroll accounts, including taxes, benefits.
- Facilitate year-end activities related to payroll, such as issuing year-end tax forms to employees, interacting with Accounting and Stock Administration to incorporate stock-based compensation and taxable fringe benefits.
- Develop and maintain user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Provide Management, Legal, FP&A and Human Resources with ad hoc reports as requested.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional payroll groups.
- Manage the relationship with payroll providers to be sure that SLAs are met and that the full benefit of services provided are realized.
- Bachelor Degrees in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- Payroll Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of multi-national company managerial experience.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to think strategically and also act operationally and ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies.