Associate Producer, “The Takeaway” WNYC & PRI
The Takeaway seeks a highly motivated associate producer to join our fast-paced daily news team. The successful candidate will be passionate, curious and informed about a wide range of topics.
You must reflect the interests and the passions of our national audience and committed to upholding the highest standards of radio & online journalism. The Takeaway enjoyed spectacular growth since 2012 and is looking to add to its talented team. Candidates should have proven broadcast and source-building skills, the ability to self-start, pitch story ideas and keep across fast moving events in the US and around the world.
The Takeaway is a trusted program – which aims to provide intelligent and informed conversation to a national audience. We are expected to deliver our insight & analysis throughout the week to an audience of well over two million listeners and on more than 250 stations across the country.
You will be working with the production team in New York – and will be part of a national news operation focused on investigative journalism and in-depth analysis on the issues often skipped over by cable TV and other US networks. The ideal candidate will be plugged into local, national and regional politics and current affairs. Your cultural radar should be finely tuned.
Must Have Qualities:
- National broadcast experience
- Ability to book and produce quickly; ability to book during breaking news events
- Strong audio editing skills and competency on audio editing software (David, Dalet, Pro Tools, etc.)
- Rolodex of guests who serve to diversify our coverage and add crucial perspectives to news events
- A great attitude and passion for the news
- A desire to creating high-quality content intended to inform our audience and inspire thought-provoking conversations
- Book guests the the daily show; this often means booking 1-2 segments for the next day’s program
- Book guests during breaking news events; ability to book guests under tight timelines and oftentimes, under stressful conditions
- Edit interviews for next day’s broadcast, or in some cases, on a tight turn around so the story can make it to air that day
- Pitch ideas at the daily editorial meeting; contribute to framing the editorial vision of the show
- Work with our planning editor on series we can develop for the show
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Minimum of three-five years production experience required.
- Excellent writing, reporting + broadcast skills.
- Ability to research, report and tell many kinds of stories.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with accuracy and efficiency and work well with all staff from producers and editors based at WNYC.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between New York Public Radio and SAG-AFTRA
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at New York Public Radio.