SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.Lead Security Officer Overview:
SpaceX is a company like no other, intent upon revolutionizing space technology and enabling life on other planets. The Security solution at SpaceX is “world class” - designed to proactively protect the company so that it can focus on engineering the future.
The company is actively seeking to identify a Lead Security Officer to help manage day-to-day Security operations. The selected candidate will primarily assist in securing the company’s Hawthorne, California based properties, associated operations, and employees – though protective responsibilities will likely extend further afield.Responsibilities:
The accepted candidate will provide leadership to a team of Security Officers (on both day and night shifts) tasked with patrolling the company’s Hawthorne based properties via vehicle and foot and/or ensuring security at a series of fixed locations in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as company regulations (while performing these duties his/herself).
The accepted candidate will provide oversight of security operations for more complex events and also assist with the completion of security-centric projects intended to refine operations.
External candidates – prior to commencing their job related function(s) - will attend a two-week training academy (or commensurate) upon hiring to provide familiarity with the company, its mission, and the core responsibilities of the SpaceX Security Officer. Continued employment is subject to the successful completion of the forementioned training academy (or commensurate) and a 6 month probationary period.Basic Qualifications:
• 4-5 years of military, law enforcement, or executive protection experience; if military – policing and/or counterinsurgency experiencePreferred Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Combat medic or EMT related experience
• Foreign language proficiency
• Documented history of progressively increasing responsibility and leadership within the corporate security world.
• Demonstrated ability to de-escalate disputes and/or conflict(s)
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Computer based proficiency. Specific proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Impeccable character/integrity
• Position remains subject to periodic background checks, drug testing, and physical fitness testing
• Ability and willingness to patrol on foot or stand in a static position for extended periods
• Valid driver license with favorable driving record
• Willingness to work 12 hour shifts on rotating days
• Willingness to travel in support of SpaceX Security requirements should the need arise
• A keen interest in protecting the future of flight – an ability to inspire the same in othersITAR Requirements:
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.