SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
User Experience Designer
- Will be actively involved in the full design process, from gathering functional requirements to creating user interface wireframes and mockups.
- Act as a design evangelist, leading various design projects, and engaging business and technical stakeholders for feedback.
- Use wireframes and mockups to design rich user-focused applications that allow us to track every step in the assembly of our Falcon Rockets and Dragon Spacecraft.
- Design mobile web applications that allow our engineers to unchain themselves from their desktops and perform their functions directly on our 550,000 sq. ft. production facility.
- Work with engineering and production staff to understand how they perform the functions of their job; use this knowledge to design applications that make their lives easier.
- Be creative. Take a traditionally mundane application, such as an Inventory Tracking System, into the 21st century -- add touch interfaces, photo capture, drag-and-drop functionality, geo-tagging, etc.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- At least 5 years of experience as a user designer involved in the full process of gathering functional requirements to creating user interface wireframes and mockups.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to get things done in a fast paced startup culture.
- Strong team skills with the ability to work closely with engineers, business analysts, and application developers.
- Passion for advancing space technologies and exploration.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to help define and document requirements for various projects.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.