SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- The CAD Drafter provides support to design engineering by creating, modifying or revising drawings and documentation associated with assemblies that have become implicated by design changes which have introduced new part numbers to the as-designed bill of materials.
- Create, modify and revise assembly drawings and/or related documents to support change incorporation of lower level parts into implicated higher assembly levels.
- Complete requests for drawing updates related to sustaining engineering and/or manufacturing process improvements.
- Prepare approval workflows for submission to the release processes.
- Perform drawing checks and approvals of other peoples’ work during the release process.
- Experience using CAD software to create, modify, and revise 3D models and associated drawings.
- Experience with complex drawings that include both general assembly and on-assembly fabrication specifications.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Computer-Aided Drafting and some experience.
- Experience with Teamcenter and NX software applications.
- Experience as a drawing checker.
- Proficient using Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Intranet/Internet Navigation
- Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.