SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Heavy Equipment Operator
• Operates heavy equipment in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures
• Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment
• Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment
• Assists Facilities Engineering Specialist as required to ensure projects are completed on schedule
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School graduate or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 5 total years of experience with heavy equipment operations and maintenance
• Experience performing area, volume and grade calculations in the field
• Minimum of 1 year of experience operating heavy equipment at a rocket test facility
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day
• Must be available for overtime and weekends
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.