Who we are:We ignited the web application security industry and continue to lead by transforming the way organizations master vulnerability management. Only WhiteHat Security offers a solution that combines an advanced, cloud security platform with the world’s largest force of security experts.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a senior accountant to join our growing Silicon Valley venture funded SaaS company. This person will report to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for critical quote to cash processes including billings and collections as revenue accounting, domestic payroll, department credit cards, and other general accounting activities.
What you'll be doing:
What we value:
- Process all billings, collections, and resolve any discrepancies from customers and internal sales/operations departments.
- Perform contract review and analyze complex revenue arrangements for proper revenue recognition treatment includes assisting sales during the contract negotiation process by analyzing the impact of red flag contract terms in accordance to company policy, communicating the revenue impact of such terms, and offering alternative structures, if available.
- Perform the monthly close tasks associated with revenue including the preparation of deferred revenue roll forward.
- Ascertain proper controls over data entry, billing accuracy, and revenue recognition.
- Assist in process improvements to further streamline revenue tasks and shorten revenue close calendar.
- Prepare and administer state and local sales and use tax filings.
- Payroll administration (including data entry for new hires, terminations, and employee changes) for a high growth company currently with over 300 employees multi-state using ADP and Workday.
- Stays current on government regulations and takes proactive steps to ensure compliance on all matters affecting employee payroll processing and benefit programs.
- Ensures payroll files and records are maintained in accordance with State and Federal requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Reconciliation of 6 credit cards at the end of the month including gathering receipts, account coding, and resolving discrepancies with the employee and merchant.
- Monitor and account for the fixed assets of the company.
- Assist with the annual financial statement audits, tax audits, and 401k audits.
- Other ad hoc duties/projects as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 5 years of accounting experience including processing payroll for at least 100 employees covering multiple states.
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition rules (SAAS company preferred)
- Knowledge of COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA, and related State and Federal payroll regulations.
- Prior experience with Netsuite, ADP, and Salesforce preferred.
- MS Office (MAC version preferred) and systems savvy. Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including complex functions and formulas.
- Process work rapidly, set priorities, working under pressure, and follow-through with limited supervision.
- Strong attention to details.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others including team members spread across multiple offices.
- Success driven.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
WhiteHat Security is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.