At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. We’re in 55+ markets…and counting! We aim to revolutionize the way people consume music, and we’ll need some very talented people to help us achieve our mission
We seek an outstanding Legal Counsel to join our expanding Legal team to help support our rapidly growing business. This person will be based at our Stockholm headquarters.
What you’ll do:
As Legal Counsel for Spotify you will partner with and provide legal guidance to our Content and Distribution teams in a variety of regions throughout the world. Our deals are cutting edge, revolutionary and always evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise the teams on legal issues using a creative and pragmatic approach.
- Review, draft and manage a wide range of commercial agreements, including but not limited to record label and music publishing licensing agreements, and business development deals
- Improve our standard form agreements and legal processes that help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Work closely with our business teams to summarize and communicate legal concepts clearly and effectively and help them synthesize legal frameworks in developing their business strategies.
- Advise our teams about relevant legal contexts, issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- Provide support to other legal and business teams globally on an as-needed basis
Who you are:
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
- You have two to five years experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience in working in the internet, media, IP, music business or similar is very meritorious
- You have a strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial agreements
- You have experience partnering with global stakeholders
- You can communicate unhindered on a professional level in English
- UK (or US) legal training and law firm experience is a plus
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Spotify.