As a Data Scientist, our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of how people use our apps to impact the product, strategy and direction of Spotify. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and new features to bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
We are developing a world-class advertising platform to support the free tier of Spotify. A Data Scientist in this area will be helping to answer questions such as:
- How can we innovate the audio advertising format?
- How do we accurately measure ad effectiveness and utilize this information?
- What levers can we use to convert users in the Freemium model?
- How do we optimize to show the right ads to the right users at the right times?
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product decisions
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, user researchers, product owners, designers, and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Conduct A/B tests to drive iterative improvement through efficient experimentation
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are:
- You have at least 4+years of experience in a similar data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
- Ideally you have experience working in an analytics role within an advertising function and have conducted A/B tests
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, Python, Pandas)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Qlik, D3, ggplot)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building statistical models a plus
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.