Provides support to Tier1 customer support reps and customers for a variety of hardware and software issues. Able to resolve issues escalated from Tier1 and provide them with training.
- Provide second level phone support, performing advanced problem recognition, research, isolation in a Linux environment, resolving Tier 2 hardware & software issues or escalating issues to Tier 3 team
- Assist and train inexperienced or nontechnical end users & Tier1 team in the utilization of the software with its various applications
- Records and/or maintains accurate information within ticketing system
- Interfaces directly with customers to ensure their issue(s) are resolved and a superior customer interaction is provided
- Work in a team environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Winning Behaviors, Competencies, and Skills
- Ability to multi-task, working multiple trouble tickets.
- Strong problem solving skills and decision-making ability
- Flexibility to work overtime when required
- Reliable and dependable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with IP network troubleshooting involving broadband, cable, DSL, switches, routers, hubs, PC hardware, firewalls and Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Advanced Linux skills
- College degree, preferably in IT field
- 3+ years experience providing technical help desk support to customers using web based applications
- 2+ years experience in inbound/outbound Call Center environment
- 3+ years experience working in a Linux environment using the Linux command line
- Experience with web browsers and anti-virus software
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
Envysion is an equal opportunity employer.