OSITION Test Lab Technician
REPORTS TO Test Lab Manager
SUMMARY The successful candidate will have a background in testing, knowledge of manufacturing and enjoy hands on work. The test lab technician will perform static and dynamic tests to help evaluate if all design criteria are met before production approval. They will also assist in development of future tests, evaluation of tested components and the evaluation of any non-conformities discovered in testing. As a member of a small team you will be expected to ‘wear many hats’ as we work together to develop industry leading bikes!
SBCT test lab development and day to day running.
- Coordinate testing requirement with development team including test request setup, test priority, required fixtures and procedures.
- Perform daily testing including setup, tear down and report writing documenting all results and failure locations.
- Organize all test items for future inspection and analysis.
- Ensure that all machines are receiving proper maintenance to obtain reliable test results and ensure the machine life is maximized.
- Determine all test lab fixture and tool requirements to optimize efficiency and throughput. Work with SBCMH and SBCT test labs to source and order items as needed based on capacity and demand.
- Work with SBCMH / SBCT to determine the development of any new tests or test fixtures required to be performed at other testing locations
- Educate employees in other departments as required about test standards, results and logic behind the tests.
- Work with supplier test lab to identify differences in fixtures and procedures and develop correction plan to correlate testing results.
what you’ll need to win:
- College degree in technical subjects (B.S. in engineering or manufacturing).
- Engineering experience in testing or manufacturing role, including:
- Experience setting up and running tests with ability to follow documented procedures, operate and adjust machinery and fixtures as required.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes including stamping, forging, extrusion, tube forming, heat treatment, injection molding, casting, welding alloy structures & machining of alloys and composites.
- Ability to interpret test results and suggest solutions if part does not meet requirements.
- Have proven experience creating and reading 2 dimensional drawings with geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T). As well you may be required to modify or create new drawings or parts for new test fixtures.
- Familiarity with part inspection including basic hand held inspection tools and CMM for first article inspection. You will need to be able to inspect fixtures and tools making sure they meet drawing dimensions and tolerance.
- Communication in English, Mandarin Chinese verbal &/or written language is required
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Avid cyclist and good bike mechanic.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD and/or Proe/Creo.
Other jobs at Specialized
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Specialized.