Sales Operations Manager
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for identifying and executing operational solutions for Viator’s Global Sales & Account Management team, which manages relationships with thousands of tour operator suppliers around the world. The role will evolve and shape key processes and provide analytical insights that that are critical to Viator and TripAdvisor’s success in building the world’s largest online marketplace of tours and activities.
We are looking for a collaborative and experienced sales operations leader who has a passion for and proven experience in solving operational challenges. Working across every level of the organization, and partnering with key stakeholders across various business functions, this leader will provide analytical insights and seek ways improve the sales team’s efficiency and productivity to ensure that we achieve all targets, optimizing both our product supply and our revenue.
The position’s primary responsibilities include managing the sales operations team, administering and optimizing the sales team’s use of Salesforce, developing and improving team operational processes, designing and maintaining regular performance reporting, providing analytical insights to drive operational strategies, managing supplier communications, spearheading development and improvement of internal tools, and serving as the primary point of contact for any corporate initiatives that impact the sales team.
The ideal candidate possesses a high degree of self-motivation, an adaptive and inquisitive mindset, a collaborative and results-oriented approach, analytical and operational expertise, creative problem-solving skills, great multi-tasking ability, the ability to think big picture while maintaining a focus on the details, and exceptional technical skills with tools and platforms including MS Excel, Salesforce and content management systems.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage sales operations team
- Administer Salesforce, contracts and other sales team documentation
- Proactively identify new areas for efficiency that impact the sales team’s productivity
- Develop tools, templates, and workflows to streamline and scale the sales team’s productivity
- Improve sales team operational processes, develop and set up tools, and ensure compliance
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards to monitor team’s KPIs, ensuring data integrity
- Prioritize system enhancements and manage product roadmap for internal system tools
- Develop and maintain internal knowledge base
- Create and manage new hire and ongoing training programs
- Schedule and facilitate team meetings, conferences and trainings
- Develop and manage supplier communications strategy and tactical plan
- Define goals/KPIs to measure effectiveness of solutions
- Analyze and present key issues and opportunities to senior leadership
- Serve as the key company-wide point of contact for all initiatives impacting the sales team
- Coordinate with business partners across the organization to develop business requirements, set up workflows and implement operational plans
- Support senior leadership on all strategic and tactical projects impacting the sales team
Key Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience in sales operations, including 5+ years in sales operations management
- Proven ability to set and execute key operational strategies and deliver insights to sales teams
- Prior experience with Salesforce and in-depth knowledge of SFDC configuration, dashboards, custom reports, custom fields and visual documentation
- Experience working with data to identify trends and make recommendations
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and experience with content management systems
- Detail oriented and strong multi-tasker with ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Logical process-oriented person that enjoys ‘getting things done’
- Genuinely passionate about optimizing system integration, efficiency and performance
- High level of technical aptitude to learn and apply new technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort presenting to and interacting with large groups and with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with dynamic priorities and time pressures
- Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
- Willing to question the status quo and present new ideas leading to operational improvement
- Prepared to support global team’s during their work hours; occasional travel to other offices
- Bachelor’s Degree with track record of academic success
- A passion for travel and the travel industry is preferred!