The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for a range of general staff accounting tasks but will be primarily responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts payable and vendor reconciliations. The ideal candidate will possess their Associate’s degree in Accounting, or 3-4 years of relevant work experience, including experience with full cycle of accounts payable processes in a service environment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all accounting work necessary to insure accounts payable are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Resolve invoice disputes
- Ensure invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts
- Prepare and Process Weekly Payments (checks, wires, ACH and Credit Card)
- Maintain vendor records
- Review and audit expense reports
- Handle employee matters as it relates to expense and travel
- Responsible for 1099 reporting and compliance
- Work to drive process improvements in other accounting operation functions as assigned.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Other general accounting tasks and projects as assigned.
Education & Experience: Associates degree in Accounting with specifically relevant work experience, or three plus years working with accounts payable in a service environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of an accounting team.
- Strong accounting aptitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong independent problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office environment.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Rapid7.