Bonobos is seeking a razor sharp Retail Merchandise Planner who is intellectually curious and hungry for an entrepreneurial role requiring advanced problem solving skills in a challenging and fast paced environment.
As our Retail Merchandise Planner, you will be responsible for sales, margin and inventory planning for our Guideshops (our spin on a traditional retail store). In this highly cross-functional role, you will partner with Operations, Guideshop Corporate and Field teams, Wholesale, Accounting, Merchandising and Finance. Reporting to our Sr. Director of Planning, you will serve as the go-to person for executing our emerging liquidation strategy across channels and manage our liquidation process for liable inventory globally.
As part of our first-class team, you will be on an incredible mission: to provide the best men’s shopping experience in the world and to have an awesome time doing it.
What you'll do...
- Develop and publish a robust reporting suite that includes style selling, door selling, and in-stock reporting to be utilized by both corporate and field team members
- Lead quarterly cross-functional Guideshop hindsight meetings to uncover opportunities across both doors and product categories
- Synthesize guideshop feedback with data driven analysis to generate holistic narrative on performance
- Develop store clustering models to maximize localized opportunities as well as operational and process efficiency
- Create and maintain store level daily demand and KPI targets
- Partner with the Sr. Director of Retail to establish guideshop targets and goals as well as strategies to support goal execution
- Create and maintain category/channel weekly and monthly sales, margin and inventory plans
- Support leadership in the creation of long range guideshop sales and margin targets
- Develop and build assortment targets by door cluster balancing sales needs with capacity constraints
- Set item level buys against assortment targets to ensure proper funding of Guideshop sample assortment
- Lead quarterly cross-functional guideshop inventory investment reviews to maximize sales per square foot and minimize inventory risk
- Manage guideshop allocation process to ensure timely delivery of new product launches
- Create and maintain in-season inventory evaluation tools and reporting
- Develop and manage process for liquidation of global Bonobos liable inventory
- Have 3-5 years of experience in store planning or distribution for a vertical apparel or hard goods retailer
- Are excited to build processes and reports to analyze sales, stock and profitability across business segments
- Are always learning and thinking outside the box...wait, what box?
- Are an active listener and leave people with the sense that they are well heard
- Are razor sharp analytically, aced the math section of the SAT, and ‘excel’ at analyzing and solving problems… in Excel (c’mon… how awesome was that pun?)
- Are highly entrepreneurial and have advanced problem solving skills
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are excited to work cross functionally and are able to successfully work collaboratively with various lanes to achieve team initiatives
- Display a balanced mix of self-confidence and humility
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you