You know LivingSocial as the marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city and beyond. And while we’re bringing excitement and value to our merchants and consumers, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. Our talented LivingSocialites bring an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible. If you’re passionate about working as part of a team to drive value to businesses of all sizes, you may have just found your new home.
In order to reach our goals, we’re looking to hire a National Account Manager to join our team in Washington, DC.
The National Account Manager is responsible for working with the National Sales team to develop long-term, profitable relationships with merchants that have been qualified to run multiple deals on the LivingSocial platform. As a National Account Manager, you’ll be charged with creating and closing future promotions, supporting our national merchants, and finding new ways to delight and incentivize each day.
- Cross-sell, upsell, and manage an existing national merchant portfolio focused on the following:
- Increase Revenue: Acting as a marketing consultant, structure deals for top performing partners to ensure maximum revenue and increase client satisfaction
- Data Analysis: Analyze deal performance metrics to determine rerun potential and help manage and recommend programs
- Market Analysis: Develop a strong knowledge of LivingSocial’s national markets including citywide and critical markets while working closely with market programmers to ensure that deals are programmed in advance to maximize frequency, reach and revenue
- Strategy: Make strategic decisions, with a business development mindset, for growing the merchant relationship while pro-actively identifying and communicating new opportunities for improving deal performance
- Retention: Develop and implement a proactive strategy to build lasting relationships in order to retain and grow an existing client base
- Communicate ongoing contact activity utilizing Salesforce.com to share updates and strategy, via chatter, with appropriate team members
- Ensure that LivingSocial’s internal systems meet national sales business requirements for funneling performance data to the right people, alerting the appropriate sales/account team members when deals are qualified to rerun, and providing appropriate data and insight to evaluate past and future performance of national deal
- Work with market programmers to facilitate the process for expediting deals run through the Premiere Partner Program
- Assist with the prospecting new accounts and developing strategies/ideas for winning new business with regional and national merchants that have long-term revenue-generating potential
- Manage multiple situations and promote amicable solutions
- Educate your clients on the power of online advertising with LivingSocial, thinking about ways that we can leverage other channels like social media to drive awareness and engagement for national merchants
- Excellent sales instincts with proven record of top performance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Great problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking, and prioritization skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management, multi-tasking, phone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage in active listening and take verbal queues over the phone
- com proficiency is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A stupendous sense of humor
- Competitive Salary offered
- Opportunity to work with committed, talented people with a great sense of humor
LivingSocial appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is the policy of LivingSocial to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. The company will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.