Optimizely believes in putting the customer at the center of everything we do. To make our product successful, we must approach our customer with empathy, make their journey easy, and provide essential value to them throughout their journey. Customer success is essential to improved revenue and overall company growth. We are seeking a leader who will evolve our customer success organization’s vision, strategy, processes, and execution, acting as a catalyst to improve the quality of our services and overall customer experience.
As our Senior Director of Global Customer Success, you will combine strategy and execution to drive growth and adoption of our technology, boost renewals, and glean strategic insights that improve our product value.
Who we are:
The Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes four key pillars: Customer Success Management, Services, Support, and Education. These four teams work together closely to execute on programs, processes, and playbooks that enable our customers to become successful and grow in maturity.
You’ll be leading the Customer Success Management pillar globally and collaborating closely with the other pillars.
What you’ll do:
- Build and lead a global team of 30+ CSMs and CSM managers across enterprise, mid-market, and high-volume programs
- Drive net expansion and retention, adoption rates, CSAT, LTV, and customer advocacy rates, while maintaining an industry-leading CRC
- Build processes and tech-touch programs for scaled and automated success management
- Align team processes and procedures for global and local consistency
- Set goals, action plans, playbooks, and key metrics for CSM teams in different customer tiers with different levels of customer touch; create standardized playbooks and interventions for each point in the customer journey
- Coach, develop, and drive performance of CSM people managers and individual CSMs
- Develop a compensation philosophy and plans to correctly align and incent CSMs
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, and product feedback
- Sponsor named accounts and work closely with customer-facing teams to manage handoffs
- Build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, and effective support
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of customer/account management experience
- Proven track record leading a successful CSM team in a growth-oriented environment
- A strategic leader who is also fearless about execution and not afraid to dig into the details with the front-line team
- An empathic leader with a desire to build a world-class CSM organization within the constraints of a responsibly managed business
- Strong process orientation, with a total-system mindset and experience rolling out global processes and programs
- Strong perspective rooted in past experience, paired with willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
- City-wide Gym membership at any Crunch Fitness.
- Commuter and transportation benefits.
- Catered in-office lunch and dinner on weekdays.
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available.
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
Optimizely is the world’s leading experience optimization platform, providing website and mobile A/B testing and personalization for the world’s leading brands. The platform’s ease of use and speed of deployment empowers organizations to conceive of and run experiments that help them make better data-inspired decisions. Optimizely meets the diverse needs of thousands of customers worldwide looking to deliver connected experiences to their audiences across channels. To date, those customers have created and delivered more than 30 billion optimized visitor experiences.