Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We’re the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $94M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
Great workplace enables teams to do their best work. As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for pragmatic, experience focused Global Director of Workplace Experience to build environments to inspire our teams around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the voice of employee experience through environment;
- Own decisions for workplaces around the world - everything from real estate transactions to the chairs in our conference rooms;
- Drive best practices for Facilities globally;
- Create, track and manage an approved budget, with an emphasis on helping us understand the tradeoffs between decisions;
- Ensure efficiency is built into work spaces so that employees can do their best work; and
- Work closely with our Talent team to track projected headcount and proactively present expansion plans to the executive team as our fast growth continues.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS Degree;
- Experience scaling a Workplace function globally including negotiating necessary real estate transactions;
- A passion for creating workplaces to enable teams to do their best work;
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Experience managing the design, planning, construction, and maintenance of equipment, buildings, and other facilities;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming talent; and
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.