Do you want to jump start a career in data science and analytics? Do you enjoy helping to steer critical choices with the backing of data and analytics? Do you enjoy learning new tools and software to solve real-world business problems? If so, this data analytics internship at Payoff may be the perfect fit for you.
Payoff is a financial wellness company aiming to restore humanity to financial services. A driving force behind the data-driven culture at Payoff, the Data Analytics team leverages a variety of data to drive business success. Come join our team!
Key Opportunities include:
- Develop a long-term project that will span the length of your internship
- Experience a fast-paced fintech start-up environment where you will make an impact to our customers
- Get hands-on experience with cutting-edge software and analytical tools connecting what your learning with real-life applications and impact
- Ramp up from 15-20 hours to full-time during the summer
- Learn the lingua franca of statistics: R and how to wrangle, analyze and visualize data with R, RStudio and build data-based web applications with Shiny
- Use SQL to extract data from our analytics warehouse
- Extend and streamline the functionality of our internal business intelligence platform that is built on Looker, write LookML and create new dashboards
- Integrate data from various sources through third-party API endpoints (Data could come from raw events, psychometrics & user behavior, social media, various ad platforms data, and customer interaction data
- Go above and beyond business reporting...seek out opportunities to create unique insights through conducting analyses on Payoff’s rich compilation of data
- Receive mentorship from data analysts and data scientists
Skills & Requirements
- Be a curious and a self-starter who can work well on a team as well as individually, also able to balance multiple projects at a time
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Fluency in SQR, Python, Scala, or another scripting language
- Clear communicator
- Hours are flexible depending on course load (15-20 hours a week during the school year). Full-time during the summer. Expectation of engagement over a 12 month period to get the most benefit.
- Compensation: Paid
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Payoff.