Headquartered in New York and with offices in three states, Hometeam transforms the in-home care and aging experience by providing clients with personalized care planning, expert caregiver matching, custom mobile technology, and proactive care management to improve older adults’ health and well-being while giving their families peace of mind.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Payroll & Benefits Manager to join our growing People Operations Team. The Payroll & Benefits Manager will report to the Chief People Officer and lead all payroll and benefits operations for Hometeam’s field and office staff. The ideal candidate has experience with the nuts & bolts of payroll and benefits, is excited by an entrepreneurial environment and has a passion for providing exceptional service. This is a great opportunity to join a highly-motivated and mission-driven team while playing an integral role in building our company and our culture!
- Manage and administer payroll for all Hometeam employees (across multiple states) via ADP Workforce Now, including inputting changes, processing weekly and semi-monthly payrolls, and tracking payroll approvals and reporting
- Administer all of Hometeam’s benefits programs, including: managing enrollments and terminations; reconciling bills and updating systems; and overseeing disability, leaves and Cobra
- Audit W-4’s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, PTO, etc.
- Resolve day-to-day payroll, benefits, and other HR questions with timely and best-case solutions
- Prepare and deliver reporting to meet federal and state compliance filing
- Initiate projects and provide recommendations to streamline payroll processes and enhance benefits to create an amazing employee experience at Hometeam
- Bachelor’s degree with a solid GPA; major or coursework in finance or accounting preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of hands-on payroll experience, with 2-3 years of benefits exposure in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Significant understanding of payroll processing, ideally for both exempt and hourly employees
- Supervisory experience, including excellent knowledge of payroll, legal compliance (EEO, unemployment, FMLA, ADA) and nuts and bolts of benefits
- Experience with ADP; preferably with Workforce Now product
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability; experience with process design or process improvement strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence: must be capable of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Deep connection to and passion for our mission to improve people’s lives
Hometeam is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.