Since day one, Freeletics has been driven by the vision of helping everyone in the world, no matter their background, to become the greatest version of themselves, both physically and mentally. With nearly 30 million users today and rapidly growing, we build products that enhance peoples lives through physical exercise and nutritional health. By combining health science, machine learning, and behaviour change we are building a unique company in the health and fitness space.
To fulfil that, we are looking for a product driven Senior Android Developer to join our current 9 Android developers, and work in a cross functional agile team setup consisting of iOS developers, backend developers, designers, product managers, researchers and scrum masters. As a Senior Android developer, you bring in expertise and fun to work, strive for clean, well-documented code, feel responsible for driving improvements to overall product quality, enjoy sharing knowledge and foster a collaborative environment to make an impact.
You can read here
what our engineering team is writing about to get an idea about us. Also, you may see our latest Github contribution
where the team published our Redux-Observable inspired open source library called RxRedux.
- Play a critical role in architecture, design, planning and development of complex features across Freeletics apps
- Analyse and resolve technical and application problems
- Write unit tests to ensure the quality of our code (clean and well-documented)
- Contribute to the design process, and build an Android experience that is second to none
- Improve and support continuous integration processes and automation
- Mentor and support your colleagues whenever possible
- Contribute to a knowledge-sharing, open and collaborative work environment
- Enjoy working on an app that delights and impacts million of users globally
- Very good understanding of the Android SDK
- Experience with common libraries including RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit
- Experience in different architectural patterns including MVP, MVVM, etc
- You have shipped or contributed to shipping multiple apps in the Play store
- Proven experience developing apps using REST, JSON, GIT, etc
- Excellent in designing architecture and testable functionalities
- Hands-on debugging and troubleshooting skills
- You are a strong team player who encourages coaching, pair programming and collaboration
- Good understanding of computer science concepts
- Interest in iOS or backend development is a plus