Since day one, Freeletics has been driven by the vision of helping everyone in the world, no matter their background, to become the greatest version of themselves, both physically and mentally. With nearly 30 million users today and rapidly growing, we build products that enhance peoples lives through physical exercise and nutritional health. By combining health science, machine learning, and behaviour change we are building a unique company in the health and fitness space.
To fulfil that, we are looking for a product driven Senior Backend Developer to join our current 7 Backend developers, and work in a cross functional agile team setup consisting of Android developers, iOS developers, designers, product managers, researchers and scrum masters. As a Senior Backend developer you own a vital element of our system. You drive the implementation of features of different complexities and ensure they contribute to a great user experience. You bring a strong opinion to the table and are excited to get involved with product planning. Also, you enjoy sharing knowledge and foster a collaborative environment to make an impact.
You can read here
what our engineering team is writing about to get an idea about us
- Identify performance bottlenecks, challenge opinions and propose solutions, including the development of caching strategies and proof-of-concepts for new architecture solutions
- Ship code to million of users
- Develop and implement unit testing strategy to drive code quality
- Work with our technical operations team on automated deployment and monitoring using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Share knowledge with the team and give back to the community whenever you can through meetups, blogs, opensource, etc.
- Experience building web applications that are serving APIs
- Very good communication skills and comfortable working in an agile, cross-functional, and autonomous team environment
- Experienced using Github as a collaboration tool with an engineering team
- Experience in testing methodologies, e.g. RSpec or any other approach
- Hands-on experience in Ruby on Rails is a strong advantage
- Hands-on approach with CI/CD
- Advocate for clean and performance-driven code
- Team player, strong collaborator and happy sharing knowledge with the entire engineering team