Ranker is growing! Looking to be part of the growth at one of the web's most addictive sites? Then please read on!
We are currently looking for an Associate Editor on our Content Team. This is a great opportunity to edit smart, fun lists in the creepy, weird, entertainment, and viral verticals every day.
Ideally, you'll have experience assigning, writing and editing for the web, a deep understanding of Internet culture and the ability to edit copy to be clear and snappy. You love making lists, and it's easy for you to think of story ideas in round-up or list formats. You are capable of both drafting off trending topics and creating one-of-a-kind content, that gets shared because it's original and high quality. If this is you in 160 characters, then we want to talk to you!
As an Associate Editor for our Content team, you will be:
- Generating creative and compelling ideas for lists
- Assigning and editing a high volume of daily content at a fast pace
- Recruiting new talented writers who can write clever, funny, A-list quality work
- Optimizing content for SEO
We're looking for:
Besides the usual skill set and experience for anyone claiming to be an Editor (ie excellent writing and editing skills, knowing industry-standard writing styles such as the AP Stylebook, etc.), we're also looking for those that have:
- At least 1 year of actual commercial experience as an editor in Entertainment, Viral, Video games, Culture, Horror, and/or other relevant verticals.
- Experience assigning and managing assignments, especially with multiple freelancers.
- Photo skills - picking great images, cropping, etc. Creative photoshop skills a plus.
- Familiarity with web analytics, Google docs and working in a CMS.
- Broader entertainment knowledge in celebrity, music, games, comics is a MAJOR plus.
Are currently based in Los Angeles - this is an in-office position, high-touch content editing role. We will not consider candidates that are not currently in the Los Angeles area.
Please keep in mind that this is a content writing/editing job - those looking for video should please check out our other positions.
What's in it for you:
If this sounds exciting, here's what we need from you:
- Be part of fast-growing, mid-stage startup with incredible growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation including salary, bonuses, and meaningful equity
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off
- Work on a wide variety of projects across the entire platform
- Work in a very casual workplace conveniently located in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway
Besides a current resume and compensation requirements, please also give us:
- A cover letter giving color/examples of how you meet and exceed the qualifications listed above
- At least 3 writing and/or editorial samples, as well as (if applicable) links to any social media properties you've helped program
- As we are a site with lists about literally everything, and we like editors who know lots about lots of things, it is also super helpful if you list in your cover letter any areas of expertise you have, from the broad to the "pretty granular." Everything can be ranked!
**SORRY, NO RECRUITERS**
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 30 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company is launching as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.