SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Precision Cleaning Technician
The launch vehicle assembly team is seeking a precision cleaning technician. Duties shall include disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of rocket, spacecraft and tooling components which shall include general cleaning, possibly using ultrasonic cleaning and/or passivation tanks.
- The precision cleaning technician will be responsible for assisting the technicians and engineers in the cleaning, production, and assembly of critical hardware, maintaining the production work areas, picking up and moving hardware and equipment, and anything else to assist the team in making production more efficient.
- General purpose cleaning will also be required on metals (ferrous and nonferrous) for the removal of all contamination such as oxides, grease, oil, scale and corrosion.
- Other cleaning methods such as abrasive cleaning and blasting with air, mechanical and liquids on metal and nonmetal components will be required.
- Under minimal supervision, performs all cleaning duties to all SpaceX specs.
- Keeping log and recording data as necessary.
- Performing work and maintaining work area in a neat, orderly, and safe manner.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of cleaning, manufacturing, or mechanical hands-on work experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Work experience gained through the cleaning, manufacturing, or automotive fields preferred.
- Strong cleaning aptitude or experience.
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Must be open to working all required shift hours, including overtime, and weekends, as needed. 1st Shift (5:00am-3:30pm) and 2nd Shift (3:30pm-2:00am)
- Ability to work while standing on lifts, ladders, and in confined spaces.
- Must be physically capable of performing manual labor tasks (Lift 25 lbs. from the floor). Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.