SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Design, build, integrate, and database cutting edge flight instrumentation systems that meets analyst’s data needs.
- Rapidly resolve novel instrumentation challenges
- Troubleshoot acceleration, pressure, acoustic, strain, position and thermal sensors
- Hands-on hardware integration
- Streamline/automate processes and systems to handle several vehicles in parallel
- Lead interdisciplinary teams
- Execute flight instrumentation systems from start-to-finish (system design, sensor selection/customization, installation, testing, data analysis, and report generation)
- Provide design and production guidelines, requirements, and procedures to design and manufacturing engineers
- Develop sensor and data databases
- Customize and qualify vendor components for SpaceX applications.
- Minimum BS in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience identifying and fixing sensor issues
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, communication and documentation skills
- A “can do” attitude and the ability/enthusiasm necessary to work in a unique, fast-paced environment
- Enjoy troubleshooting and detail oriented work
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience conducting large scale and high channel count field or flight tests with accelerometers, pressure transducers, strain gauges, thermocouples, and RTDs.
- Flight test experience.
- Experience in automotive, aerospace, aircraft, or civil dynamics or instrumentation
- Experience with vehicle structural health monitoring
- Experience with Matlab, Excel, LabVIEW, databases, web APIs, Python, SQL, flask, regular expressions, and National Instruments hardware
- Strong enthusiasm for technology
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.