Job Title: Managed Services – Cloud Sr. Systems Engineer
Job Location: U.S.
We are looking for a Cloud Sr. Systems Engineer to join our Managed Services team.
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees, and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and under served market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
We’re looking for an experienced Cloud Senior Systems Engineer to join our team and help advance our vision of Cloud based insurance applications. You will have a direct impact on major technical decisions made from the inception of the project.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- Qualified individual will work with group of colleagues to design, build, maintain, and enhance an advanced environment that hosts Guidewire software for our client base
- Individual will participate in on-call rotation as require and will, when needed, be called upon to quickly restore systems
- Aspects of the position involve commitment to customer SLA’s. While the Customer Partner will work during normal business hours of the customer, occasional high priority work outside of established business hours may be necessary (i.e., to help with urgent customer issues).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on impact and severity
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn new technologies
- Experience working in an environment with cloud based enterprise applications (3+ years)
- Experience working with AWS: Be comfortable with both Console and CLI/API. Must understand automation concepts specific to AWS (3+ years)
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA (3+ years)
- Advanced understanding of modern infrastructure design and operations (7+ years)
- Advanced Linux knowledge, including major web servers, authentication systems, virtual routers and firewalls (7+ years)
- Advanced bash and/or python knowledge. Ability to script systems from ground up and interact with third party tools via programmatic interfaces (7+ years)
- Good knowledge of at least one of the build systems/orchestrators (Jenkins, TeamCity, CodeDeploy/CodePipeline) (3+ years)
- Strong grasp on how to build HA systems
- Ability to troubleshoot quickly and effectively.
- Minimal supervision, able to communicate with developers comfortably
- Experience participating in on-call schedule (3+ years)
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution
- Minimum US/International travel maybe required
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred