Seeking resourceful and innovative engineers with experience developing firmware/software for embedded systems with applications in the automotive, avionics, medical devices and industrial control sectors. The selected individuals must be adaptable, innovative, creative, and ready to lead their organization on mission critical projects. Applicants are expected to approach problem solving with logical, yet creative ideas. Engineers are expected to appropriately.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze functions of existing integrated circuits and hardware components for the purpose of reverse engineering the hardware and firmware.
- Conducts the hardware engineering and related functions to modify and adapt vendor-manufactured hardware to meet special Government needs and contingencies.
- Share knowledge by articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff, management and Corporate and Government decision makers.
- Dissect and reverse-engineer existing code (including firmware) to understand device operations and communication interfaces in multiple embedded systems architectures including microcontrollers, FPGAs and digital signal processors.
- Develop low-level C, C++ and assembly applications for embedded platforms that interface directly with platform hardware.
- Create and debug custom software and hardware tools to perform moderate to complex software and electrical analysis as well as developing custom tools and equipment.
- Plan and organize work to ensure timely completion of multiple independent tasks and work effectively in team environments to solve problems.
- Apply discrete mathematics, solid-state electronics, probability and statistics, and other relevant topics in engineering and supporting disciplines to complex systems
Required Education, Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field of study and at least two years of programming experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Security Clearance Requirements: Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Top Secret SCI to be considered.
- At least two years of relevant problem solving experience, such as:
- Electronics and circuits theory
- Communication theory
- Experience in hardware/firmware/software reverse engineering
- Cyber threat vectors analysis and mitigations
- Minimum of one year of experience in the following:
- VHDL/Verilog in ASIC or FPGA design
- Using assembly for microcontroller architectures
- Programming using C/C++, Java, Python, or other high level language for producing custom software
- Real time operating systems (QNX, VxWorks, MontaVista, …)
- Strong knowledge of tools used for software reverse engineering analysis including (IDA Pro and open source disassemblers, Windows-based user-mode and kernel-mode debuggers, Visual Studio, Hex editors, Run-time analysis tools, Virtualization based analysis tools)
Preferred Experience and Skills
- The ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment
- Evaluating or testing computer applications or programs to ensure compliance with technical, professional or organizational standards/requirements
- Analyzing problems to determine technical solutions
- Additional experience which is clearly professional Electrical/Computer Engineering practice that is commensurate with college level coursework.