This position is responsible for ensuring the owners and their guests are provided with the highest level of service and attention specifically tailored to their needs during their stay on board. The Stewardess role is also responsible for keeping the yacht maintained to an immaculate condition with minimal supervision.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the policies and standard operating procedures of Vulcan Inc and Fraser Yachts Worldwide. In addition, all duties are to be executed in conformity with ISM/SMS standards, STCW conventions and all other environmental protection and safety policies.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the guests with exceptional Food and Beverage services and superior Personal service at all times. This responsibility may require accompanying the owners and/or guests on tours, shopping trips, excursions or providing childcare services.
- Clean, maintain and preserve all house keeping areas to the highest standards.
- Report any equipment that needs repair or maintenance to the Chief Steward(ess) or the appropriate Head of Department.
- Manage the area of assigned responsibility (e.g., wardrobe care, owner amenities, guest amenities, owners deck, stationary, or flowers & plants) which would include updating and maintaining appropriate inventories.
- Assist with creating short and long term maintenance programs.
- Complete tasks assigned by the Chief or Lead Steward/ess.
- Participate in all mandatory safety training and drills as required and follow the environmental guidelines set forth for the vessel.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently within the interior department and with other departments to ensure all matters are addressed in a timely manner. This communication will include the use of technology devices.
- Assist with the set-up, break-down and general maintenance of the crew mess. Assist with the general maintenance and cleaning of all crew areas.
- Assist with the provisioning and the loading of ship’s stores.
- Assist other departments / crew as required to ensure smooth operation of the vessel.
- May be asked to step up as Lead Service when Lead Service is away
- Each shipboard employee may be required to perform additional, non-job related functions throughout the vessel when stipulated by the Master or the Chief Steward/ess.
- All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the policies and standard operating procedures of Vulcan Inc. and Fraser Yachts Worldwide and to executed in conformity with ISM/SMS standards as well as all other environmental protection and safety policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- 2 – 4 years’ progressive hospitality experience preferably in Private Households, 4 to 5 -Star hotels and / or restaurants, luxury cruise liners or upscale resort properties or 1 to 2 yrs experience onboard Mega Yachts.
- Skilled with different service techniques, this may include: French/silver, plated, Butler/Russian, British, American, and buffet style techniques.
- Knowledgable and experience in bartending and cocktail service methods.
- Adept at Barista-level coffee service techniques.
- Possess broad oenology knowledge.
- Knowledge of housekeeping cleaning procedures, such as sanitary cleaning processes and handling of cleaning products.
- General knowledge of gourmet food, preparation, presentation and etiquette.
- Must be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Must have a keen eye for detail.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and effectively ensuring all tasks are completed as required.
- Must be able to prioritize external requests including inter-departmental and guest related needs.
- Ability to multitask is required.
- General experience with child and elder care.
- Discretion and confidentiality is mandatory.
- Exceptional spoken and written English skills required. Additional languages preferred.
Required computer skills
- Hospitality, Event Management, Tourism and or Business certification.
- Other relevant certification may include: Barista, Oenology, Butler, Silver Service, Bartending, Professional cooking, Cigar, Floristry, Medical and first aid, Massage and Beauty therapy.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Preferably certified in Hospitality, Tourism and or Business.
- Other relevant certification may include: Laundry Certification, Floristry, Medical and first aid, Massage and Beauty therapy.
- STCW 95
- Valid ENG1
- Valid Passport with US visas (B1/B2)
- Capable of standing for long periods of time (up to 8 plus hours).
- Ability to perform occasional kneeling, crouching, stooping; frequent reaching, pushing, pulling; and constant lifting, carrying, handling and standing.
- Ability to lift and move up to 35 pounds/16 Kilos. Ability to lift and move weight in excess of 35 pounds/16 Kilos with assistance.
- Ability to function effectively in a demanding and diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Must be self-directed and have the temperament and interpersonal skills to work and live
in close-quarters with other members of the crew for extended periods.
- Ability to live on board a vessel during long distance passages with the possibility of excessive motion due to rough conditions (up to 4 weeks) and minimal access to land based resources.
- Ability to function and work effectively in a high pace, high stress environment to produce a quality product/service for owner’s and guests in a timely manner.