- Deploy, setup and maintain enterprise grade hardware from various manufactures (HP, Dell, Sun, etc..)
- Install (and remove) racks, shelving, power strips, rails, cable management within data center and labs
- Perform operating systems installs with different versions of Windows, Linux and FreeBSD
- Assist senior level engineers in troubleshooting customer problems
- Monitor, escalate and resolve any HVAC, leak control and power systems abnormalities
- Assist in the hardware recertification process
- Manage requests on a ticketing system.
- Maintain accurate records of all Data Center equipment
- Report current status via the ticketing system, shift reports and email
- On call via pager during unscheduled days or shift times for emergency scheduling requirements
- Able to perform 7*24 shift duty
- High School Diploma
- Flexibility to work different shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong understanding of server technology including RAID
- Basic understanding of networking with an emphasis on TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to lift 60-75lbs
Additional Requirements (Optional):
- 1 year related experience in Data Center Environment
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills
- Full understanding data center cabling standards including fiber optics
- Basic working knowledge of electrical systems and general electrical theory
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of HP server hardware is a plus
Experience with Cisco switches and PIX FW's a plus
Municipality of Concepcion, Philippines
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Datapipe.