Synack is redefining the traditional model of security assessment by leveraging the best combination of human ingenuity and smart technology. We are passionate about developing cutting-edge products and take pride in building a world-class team made up people who think big and are not afraid to take on big challenges. Re-Imagine your possibilities at a company that CNBC named to their elite Top Disruptor list in 2015 and again in 2016. (#Repeat)...and, we’re just getting started.
We’re hiring Sr. DevOps Engineers. We automate everything from building laptops to deploying software to a globally distributed server footprint all using Ansible. We also utilize container technologies like Docker to streamline development operations. In addition, we operate a hybrid cloud model between several co-location facilities and managed cloud services such as Amazon Web Services.
You’ll take ownership of automating various aspects of our infrastructure from development to production operations. If you want to be challenged, grow technically, and learn how to secure infrastructure against the most advanced adversaries, you’ll enjoy this role.
Here’s what you'll do:
- Lead infrastructure software automation projects and partner with Product Management, Engineering and QA to define infrastructure requirements
- Ensure requirements are clearly defined across our engineering team so that automation can handle necessary software support and configuration
- Predict and deliver improvements to our automated infrastructure components within an Agile methodology, and also recommend and implement alternative tools and new technologies that could better solve our challenges
- Tune automation to overcome systems performance issues and hiccups
- Create tests around our infrastructure suite to improve reliability
Here's what you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience to deploy and support scalable and high availability infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience to support SaaS in an AWS production high-traffic environment
- 5+ years of scripting skills in Python or Ruby, preferably both
- Experience with database technologies such as Postgress, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, etc.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix
- Experience monitoring tools such as Nagios, Ganglia, Monit, etc.
- Cloud automation experience using tools such as Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Experience automating tasks with advanced scripting skills
- Understand security in a systems environment (What does a kernel-based rootkit look like?)
- A technical degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. To us, DevOps is a combination of great systems engineering and software engineering
- Experience with side projects where you’ve learned to apply new technologies, frameworks or programming languages
Synack saw a need. Cyber criminals try to penetrate enterprise IT environments every day, armed with individual expertise and sophisticated tradecraft. Until now, no solution could protect the enterprise against this self-learning, evolutionary human threat. Synack built a solution that can.
Founded by former NSA security experts, Synack is disrupting a vastly growing $120B industry, one that is now at the forefront of every executive’s mind. Synack doesn’t brag about our customer list, and we don’t need to. Our success in building the next generation of enterprise grade cybersecurity is as equally rewarding as it is hard, and we make a point to celebrate our wins as a team.
On the heels of Synack raising over $34 Million in capital from top-tier Venture Capital firms including Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures and Greylock Partners, Synack is growing rapidly. We are seeking passionate and innovative people interested in being a part of a revolutionary team that’s transforming vulnerability discovery standards for businesses around the world.
It’s all hands on deck, it’s hard work, it’s winning, it’s Synack. Join us!
Eatable Perks. Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered meals that won’t disappoint your inner foodie.
Social Perks. Team retreats anywhere from AT&T ballpark to Tahoe and weekly social events like sushi/sake extravaganzas, spicy chicken wings with beer pairings and crepe crawls.
Best Friend Perks. Besides working with a great team of humans, we bring our dogs to work so it’s not uncommon for a cute pup to greet you at the door.
Superhero Perks. Learn and grow with some of the brightest hackers that are using their skills for good...not evil.
Work Hard. Play Hard. Unlimited vacation and sick day policy.
Get Paid...enough said. Competitive salary, 401(k) plan and meaningful equity to all employees.
Get Fit. Access to an onsite 7,500 sq. ft. fitness center that includes a day spa, daily yoga, rock climbing wall, olympic-sized pool, indoor volleyball and basketball courts, and 3 miles of nature walks.
Don’t Depend on an Apple a Day. Fully paid health, vision and dental insurance for you and your dependents.