Zesty is looking for a detail-orientated and motivated Inventory Manager to ensure our clients are fully supplied and able to enjoy our world-class food programs. This position oversees our Bay Area inventory operations across several offices, as well as leads the team that stock, track, manage, transport, and update our inventory. As Zesty grows rapidly in the Bay Area, this role will scale into leading a large inventory operation and a team of Inventory Coordinators and Operators. The Inventory Manager oversees and executes the logistics of supplying our customers and Catering Captains while maintaining the highest level of accuracy and customer service (Catering Captains are Zesty’s delivery drivers and onsite caterers). A successful Inventory Manager has strong leadership skills, excels under pressure, can handle making multiple simultaneous logistical decisions calmly and quickly, and can communicate effectively with other teams.
About us: Zesty's mission is to improve the health of humanity and we empower companies to eat well, work happy and be awesome. We curate healthy, delicious food experiences from the best local restaurants. Zesty has raised over $20M in funding from some of Silicon Valley's top investors including Index Ventures, Founders Fund, Forerunner Ventures, SV Angel and Y Combinator.
To learn more about Zesty's journey to date and our recent $17M Series A funding round, visit http://blog.zesty.com/zesty-series-a/
- Lead inventory operations in the Peninsula, including production, packing, and distribution of catering supplies for our clients with a high level of accuracy and quality of service
- Scale inventory intelligently and quickly, plan effectively for growth to ensure successful fulfillment using data driven analysis
- Work closely with operations team in Menlo Park and remotely with central supply ordering in San Francisco
- Provide our Catering Captains with necessary equipment to successfully serve meals
- Streamline processes to operate at maximum efficiency, work with engineering team on automation
- Problem solve and effectively communicate with other teams regarding urgent issues and unique logistics
- Maintain compliance with food safety standards
- Pack supplies as needed to meet deadlines
- At least three years of team management experience in a logistics or warehouse management role
- Familiarity and experience with technology solutions, software platforms, and industry standard processes common to inventory management
- Startup attitude, happy to get your hands dirty to ensure clients are supplied accurately and on time
- Tech savvy operator obsessed with efficiency and improving process
- Ability to give clear direction and feedback, proactive team player who over-communicates
- Strong analytical and excel skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Thrive in fast-paced environment requiring calm under pressure and creative problem solving ability
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be passionate about health, including your own
- Ability to frequently move inventory weighing up to 75 lbs
- Prior experience scaling inventory from startup stage to large scale operations
- Prior experience with corporate food programs
- ServSafe or Food Safety Manager Certification
- Health Over All
- You prioritize your and other people’s health. It’s too valuable to sacrifice.
- Growth Over Comfort
- You aim to do things better than you’ve done them before.
- Team Over Ego
- Leave your ego at the door. Everyone at Zesty is extremely talented.
- Analysis Over Blame
- We all make mistakes. The important thing is that you learn from them.
- Communication Over Assumption
- Assumptions are the root cause of many problems. You over-communicate to gain clarity.
- Do The Right Thing
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Early employee stock grant
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Open vacation policy
- Work with an unbelievably talented, silly, and close-knit team
- Daily catered lunch and dinner from our best restaurants
- $5k annual personal health budget
- Bi-Weekly on-site sports massage