We’re looking for a data-driven, brand-centric Head of Growth & Performance Marketing to lead our direct marketing team at Warby Parker. The person in this position will be an integral part of our overall growth plans and will lead our strategic efforts to pioneer new and innovative ways to drive acquisition and performance results.
Our Head of Growth & Performance Marketing will be responsible for defining and leading our paid media and SEO acquisition strategy, developing, recommending, and executing marketing strategies across a variety of paid and organic channels. The ideal candidate knows how to build and scale complex online and offline marketing campaigns, using insights to fuel creative solutions, and brings analytical expertise to optimize performance and drive ROI. They’ll also be responsible for defining goals for the team and building systems to track and measure our marketing performance.
The polymath in this role will have significant influence over our success and future direction, so qualified candidates must demonstrate a track record of exceptional leadership, teamwork, and analytical, creative, and strategic thinking skills. They need to be capable of personally handling complex performance analyses and synthesizing and communicating them accordingly—while also taking responsibility for overall planning, forecasting, and optimization across the performance marketing budget to profitably acquire customers and support our on-going efforts to build brand awareness.
Think you’ve got the goods? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Lead, mentor and build the Growth & Performance Marketing team, working together to create a world-class performance marketing capability within Warby Parker
- Manage a multi-million dollar direct marketing budget across channels to meet performance and business goals/metrics
- Lead our internal team and external agencies to deliver the best performance across digital channels (search, social, display, affiliates), offline (TV, radio, OOH, direct mail) and SEO
- Build and execute a cross-platform customer acquisition strategy (the right platforms, with the right messaging, to the right audiences) and a performance-driven media plan with strict ROI goals, virality and referral programs, and SEO
- Be a key partner across all growth marketing-related analytics efforts. Have a perspective, and define and implement a growth roadmap to optimize our conversion funnels and engagement.
- Set growth and performance benchmarks, and establish analytics and dashboarding for key performance criteria, maintaining key performance metric reports that track the efficacy of different variables and efforts
- Identify and actively investigate high-potential channels to test and incorporate into the broad acquisition plan, and make recommendations for acquisition involving segmented, tailored outcomes based on primary research findings and customer data
- Manage and own relationships with external vendors
- Collaborate with internal teams within Warby Parker including all Brand Management functions, partnering especially closely with Brand Marketing, Brand Design, and Social Media, as well as Finance, Tech, Data Science, Product Management, E-commerce and Consumer Insights
Who you are:
- A strategic thinker who can assess the many available channels to reach potential customers and prioritize the right ones for the company
- Armed with amazing leadership skills, with the ability to build, motivate and influence
- Equipped with equally strong analytical skills, i.e. a robust understanding of data and how to use it in creative ways to drive and measure results
- Able to strategically define the brief and the consumer to channel strategies that support the Warby Parker brand
- A great team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization, as well as with outside vendors
- An organized “doer” with exceptional multitasking skills—someone who will take initiative to make things happen
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Earnest, humble, honest and focused on what’s best for the greater good
- General awesomeness with a rock-solid sense of humor
- A BA or BS in marketing, economics, applied statistics or other quantitative field is required (MA or MBA preferred!)
- 10 (or more!) years of experience in progressive acquisition/marketing roles
- Experience managing multi-million dollar direct response marketing budgets across all platforms and all device types
- Recent experience with hands-on development and optimization of large-scale online acquisition campaigns (i.e. not agency managed)
- Unparalleled analytical skills with the ability to promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations
- Proven experience developing and scaling new digital programs, as well as monitoring and refining existing programs to meet the company’s objectives, strategies, and forecasts
- A track record building and leading a large team that drives efficient growth
- Demonstrable expertise in search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social media, and digital advertising
- Experience with lead generation/acquisition and digital campaign management
- The ability to establish credibility through vision, thought leadership, technical expertise and implementation
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)