VP of Communications will serve as a senior leader on the Marketing Team, overseeing PR, communications, copywriting and voice. Reporting to the CMO and partnering closely with the senior leadership team, this person will be accountable for building the overarching narrative for ClassPass and executing on communications initiatives that promote, enhance, and protect ClassPass’ brand. He or she will also serve as the spokesperson for ClassPass, leveraging and cultivating deep relationships with media contacts and delivering key points that align with and promote the company’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Partner with the CMO and senior leadership to develop a comprehensive communications strategy that positions ClassPass as leader in the consumer and technology space
- Work closely with internal teams to understand strategic goals and build communication plans to support them - Develop compelling media strategies that increase ClassPass’ coverage in top tier publications
- Proactively identify high value opportunities, internally and externally, promote ClassPass’ commitment to its members, partners, and employees - Handle crisis situations swiftly and gracefully
- Provide ongoing training and support to senior team members on key messaging, presentation, and public speaking skills - Actively engage and cultivate press relationships
- Staff and manage the team appropriately to execute on the short term and long term goals - Foster a culture of high performance and continuous improvement by providing support and mentorship to the team
- Extensive experience in a senior management role in public relations and communications (10+ years)
- Successful track record leading and executing the communications strategy for consumer brands; tech/startup experience a plus
- Strong leadership experience and demonstrated ability to hire and retain high performing teams - Energy, gravitas and confidence (but not arrogance) that gains immediate credibility and respect from executives and industry leaders
- An impressive Rolodex of journalists, reporters, and media influencers that is the result of a long and successful career in public relations
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills, including negotiating ability and conflict resolution
- Ability to make decisions in a changing and fast-paced environment and anticipate future needs before they arrive
- Effective at operating at both strategic and tactical levels - Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at ClassPass.