ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform
Work on the core of a platform used by tens of millions of people each month where changes are deployed each week. Extend the functionality and power of the ROBLOX platform by improving camera and controls, gameplay features, developer API’s, UI systems, and more.
- Design and implement scripting API’s to extend ROBLOX developer functionality
- Improve the in-game experience though new camera and control code
- Design and implement new UI layout and control systems, that perform well across all the platforms and devices upon which ROBLOX runs
- Help prototype new experimental systems to push our vision forwards
- Strong C++ skill set (exposure to Boost or QT a plus)
- Game or game engine development experience
- A strong desire to learn the ROBLOX platform and build new features to improve the quality of our product
- Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience designing and coding a game engine from scratch
- Client-server networking experience
- Lua scripting experience
- UI design
- Gameplay programming experience, such as character movement or camera systems
- Multithreading expertise
- 3-D programming
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.