We’re on a mission to help get everyone a job they love. Find the job you love here at Hired!
Hired is a career marketplace for the world's knowledge workers. Starting with in-demand tech, sales and marketing roles, we’re bringing together job seekers with the companies who want to hire them. Users on the Hired platform receive objective guidance throughout the interview process from a dedicated Talent Advocate, as well as the ability to compare new opportunities side by side so they can make their next career move with confidence. Employers get access to a hand-picked pool of candidates who are interested in new roles, as well as unmatched transparency into competing offers so they can recruit and hire with insight. The end result is an efficient, effective and enjoyable experience that’s far faster than traditional methods. Hired is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in more than a dozen cities in North America, Europe and APAC and plans to expand to a variety of industries and job categories.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Sr. Director of Global Payroll & Compliance, your efforts will have a focus on the contingent side of the Hired marketplace. You will play a key role in one of the fastest growing areas both internally at Hired and externally. You will be responsible for leading and maximizing revenue growth, customer satisfaction and customer experience through the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of a global payroll and compliance product and service offering. Equally as important, you will be responsible for minimizing the risk associated with paying and classifying independent workers that our clients engage. You will lead the product strategy and own the business process specific to Hired’s payroll and compliance offering and strategically position Hired as a best in class end-to-end solution. Critical functions will be a worker classification product and process, managing all aspects of current and future third party vendors who provide EOR/AOR services to us and our clients, identifying and implementing a best in class payment solution, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales development, risk mitigation, RFP and contract management, implementation, forecasting, planning, reporting, thought leadership, and process optimization – all across Hired’s global footprint.
The ideal candidate has worked with fast paced, rapidly growing organizations and has a broad spectrum of experience in building within the contingent labor space.
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- Building on the vision and strategy for a global payroll and compliance program and executing on that vision – we believe that a well executed program can be instrumental in the scalability of our contingent product and a critical component to future business success
- Build proactive and collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders and external resources to ensure global best practices and consistency within processes (Example: VP of Finance at Hired or Head of Procurement at a customer)
- Being a trusted advisor to the Director of Contingent Workforce and the entirety of the executive leadership team
- Directly manage and ensure compliance through data integrity while providing guidance and support to staff
- Maintain effective controls to comply and mitigate risk in each country Hired is in.
- Establish and track quarterly and annual metrics to measure team performance and progress against approved roadmap
- Design, develop, implement and sell new solutions based on a marketplace unique approach to the contingent labor industry
- Enable the sales organization through collateral and training in order to position our payroll and compliance products in a scalable fashion
- Establish a partnership strategy specific to your efforts in order to execute more efficiently, scale, and for business development
- Work with our insights team to develop comprehensive tools for tracking opportunities from lead generation to revenue realization, account development, and retention
- Work with with the sales team and within salesforce to understand and build on current Hired relationships
Working cross functional and collaborating closely with finance, accounting, sales, marketing, customer success, insights and other other applicable teams
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) by the American Payroll Association
- Demonstrable management a team of 5+ payroll professionals across multiple countries
- Multi state domestic and global payroll experience
- Demonstrable expertise in coaching and mentoring payroll and compliance professionals
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a multi-national corporation
- Demonstrable expertise in management of federal, state, city and other statutory tax accounting W-2s, W-4s, 1099s, limited companies, PAYE, etc.
- Payroll management experience with seasonal contingent workforce
- Experience with wage and hours laws in the US and abroad
- Demonstrable leadership, project management, change management, and mentoring skills
- Strong leadership skills and people management experience
- Experince using Salesforce.com
- Thought leader and expert on the future of work as it relates to the contingent workforce space
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross company initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication, with experience delivering presentations to an executive audience
- Ability to create and foster a high performing environment
Contract management and negotiation with both internal and external stakeholders
THESE WOULD ALSO BE NICE
- Direct experience within a SaaS organization
- CCWP Certified or other similar certifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Human Resource Management or related discipline
D&B, Equifax, E-verify or equivalent experience preferred
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS (US)
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
We believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work on a day to day basis we become happier, more comfortable, more confident and more excited to do great things for our company, each other, our product and our users. Hired aims to both build an internal team as well as help our clients build their teams with talent from all different backgrounds and lifestyles.
At Hired we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.