Ever wish you had the opportunity to use your keen financial acumen to make the Internet a better place? If so, we've got just the gig for you: join our passionate and talented team at Sift Science, a rapidly growing Bay Area startup that's helping online businesses fight the scourge of online fraud.
We're looking for a Financial Manager / Sr. Accountant who really knows their stuff. We're talking a deep knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP), plus complete mastery of the end-to-end accounting process. To fit the bill, you also need to be flexible, adaptable, and a big fan of change...we're a startup, after all – it's all part of the fun!
What else? You need to be a strong communicator who challenges yourself every day, continually raising the bar for the entire team. And our ideal candidate is first and foremost a problem-solving whiz who works fast and efficiently without ever losing your attention to detail.
Here's a bit more about what you'll do:
- Hands-on ownership of the day-to-day, full cycle accounting operations and month/quarter/year end close, including but not limited to bank reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, expenses and insurance, as well as year end filings and stock administration.
- Lead and prepare internal and external reporting, financial statements for auditing purposes, tax filings and other compliance requirements.
- Work with finance and business operations team on process/ systems improvement projects by identifying opportunities for process improvements, automation of current manual processes, and drive the implementation of new solutions.
- Review and implement internal controls.
- CPA/CA or equivalent
- BA/BS degree Accounting or Finance
- 6 years of relevant experience in both public accounting and private industry and at least two years experience in startup or high-growth SaaS company
- Experience with Quickbooks, accounting systems and other financial systems.
- Knowledge and experience implementing and enhancing financial/business systems and processes, and related internal controls.
- An understanding of SaaS revenue model, related revenue recognition and SaaS metrics a plus
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheet software