POSITION GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Plan, develop and launch a successful, scalable cleaning program fleet-wide
- Establish guidelines to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained in all buildings at all times
- Take the lead in making adjustments to Cleaning for continuous improvement
- Set defined hospitality goals; measure cleaning performance using developed KPI’s
- Successfully manage the operation of the Hospitality Services department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards
- Support the WeLive initiative for operating standards, sense of arrival, reception, reservations, housekeeping process, and verifying SOP's for these systems
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully launch the CSA and CSL program in all relevant new markets
- Oversee the Cleaning function for new building openings
- Sign off on post-construction cleaning
- Set Ramp-up schedule to completion
- Oversee training of all cleaning teams
- Implement daily cleaning schedule
- Set Move-in day schedule to assure smooth transition and positive Member Experience
- Support the WeLive initiative by verifying SOP's for the following systems:
- Operating standards
- Sense of arrival
- Housekeeping process
- Oversee the recruitment, scheduling and training all new cleaning and other hospitality services staff
- Plan, organize and direct cleaning and other hospitality services staff’s work schedules to ensure the highest degree of member satisfaction
- Ensure that an efficient time-keeping and scheduling system is in place to notify the relevant teams of upcoming events and ensure proper staffing for each event
- Develop and implement plan of action to improve the hospitality services team’s operational efficiency; focus on building health, attractiveness and cleanliness
- Manage the daily activities of the Hospitality Services team to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, bathrooms, pantries and common areas. Day-to-day management also includes:
- Execute the RFP process for Cleaning contracts
- Maintain cleaning vendor relationships
- Address members’ grievances
- Investigate missing cleaning equipment
- Closely monitor cleaning supplies and assure adequate quantities
- Execute Community Management requests
- Create and manage Cleaning Decks for each building
- Conduct spot-check inspections of offices and other areas to ensure that efficiency and cleanliness standards are consistently being maintained
- Set the Quality Control & the Community Service Associates standards in markets; train in-market Community team on standards
- Develop and maintain documented standards for cleaning and other hospitality services in markets
- Cost Center Management
- Reconcile monthly invoices for review and sign off
- Identify anomalies in usage/charges
- Identify costs related to the different Tags
- Be the first approver of all invoices
- Assist in quarterly cost center analysis and metrics reporting for the Cleaning function
- Research new equipment
- Research new cleaning consumables & materials
- Regularly review and improve on cleaning procedures
- Develop special periodic cleaning procedures as needed
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree – Hospitality Services, related degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5 plus years hospitality services experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Extensive experience as Housekeeping executive in the hotel or hospitality industry
- Documented experience managing a large team
- Ability to work with a large, diverse group of employees and suppliers
- Ability to meet goals in a changing environment and under pressure
- Self-starter - able to identify and execute work that needs to be done with minimal direction
- Expert presentation, management, and communication skills
- Above-average organization skills
- Courteous and professional
- Detail oriented - pays attention to details regarding processes and extra attention to special requests
- Ability to solve practical problems using reasoning skills
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.