About Main Street Hub:
We are building the leading marketing platform for local businesses. We provide an integrated social, web, and email marketing solution designed to help merchants get more customers and keep them coming back by spreading word of mouth, extending their customer service, managing their online reputation, and leveraging our merchant network.
Founded at Stanford University, we’re headquartered in Austin and we have an office in New York City. The response we’ve seen from local businesses has been incredible. We’re the voice of more local businesses than any other company, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and we're backed by some of the best investors in the world. Across the company, we have more than 500 colleagues who care about local businesses, set high expectations for themselves, and want to be a part of something big.
For more information on our culture, check out mainstreethub.com/values.
What is the opportunity?
The Junior Business Analyst is a key part of the operations of our growing company. This role will be responsible for creating sustainable reports within the compensation and time systems and ad hoc reports, as required. It will also be responsible for the continuous monitoring of compensation and time trends. If you have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy, this job is for you.
What you'll do:
- Review compensation plans and maximize sales force productivity and efficiency.
- Understand, analyze and present data around compensation and timekeeping with an emphasis on best practices and trends.
- Provide guidance and education to the organization around compensation and timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Analytical role with a foundation in compensation but the ability to support various business units and projects not compensation related.
- Report building to support compensation and other time-related programs.
- Analyze financial and operational models concerning overtime, commission and time, and make suggestions to improve processes.
- Supports business unit management and other departments with ad hoc requests and special projects.
- Work as a team member with cross-functional departments to ensure company goals are achieved.
- The ability to understand and adopt new operational systems is critical.
- Develop spreadsheet models and support existing models for corporate level and project level analyses
- Assist with the execution, creation, implementation, and development of new compensation plans for all commission carrying positions across the organization on an annual basis, and on an adhoc basis for newly hired reps.
- Create, analyze and prepare dashboards and drive insights, performance metrics and drive efficiencies to aid our sale and operation teams.
- “Big Picture” thinking .
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly scorecards and dashboards.
Your Education & Experience:
- 1-3 years work experience in a data analysis role, Finance or other quantitative background preferred
- 4-year college degree required; major in Statistics or Finance strongly preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel - Advanced level, spreadsheet creation, vlookups, pivot tables (Macros nice plus); Tableau and SalesForce.com experience preferred but not mandatory
- Knowledge of sales operations a plus
- Knowledge of timekeeping best practices and familiar with FLSA law a plus
- Understands process improvement and focus on quality integration in process design
- Experience collaborating on teams
- Ability to work with concepts and work independently
- Excellent problem diagnosis and analytical skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible while responding to deadlines on assignments
- Experience in compensation, data analysis, and report building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Logistics background preferred, but not necessary
- Other Microsoft Office applications
- Self-starter who requires minimal guidance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What are the benefits and perks?
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Three weeks paid time off, plus holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-provided 401(k) plan
- Brand-new office in the heart of downtown Austin