Atomic is seeking a dynamic, passionate and thoughtful Head of Talent to join (and grow) our team. Atomic is a company builder and fund, started by Jack Abraham and backed by Marc Andreessen, Peter Thiel, and others. We've founded and funded great companies including Zenreach and Ever, partnering with top-tier investors including Founders Fund, 8VC, First Round Capital, Khosla Ventures, and SV Angel.
We’ve brought the best-in-class characteristics from entrepreneurship, venture capital, and private equity to jump start a new model for company creation and growth. We are now taking a similarly hybrid approach to create a brand new take on Talent and need the right leader to bring Atomic, our fund, our portfolio to the next level.
As Atomic’s Head of Talent, you will define and execute on talent strategy, build recruiting infrastructure and processes, grow and lead the team, and own all things recruiting at Atomic and across our portfolio of exciting companies. Atomic’s companies are growing rapidly at varying stages - seed, early, and mid - and our Head of Talent would have the unique strategic leadership position of helping across the entire portfolio.
This is one of the most critical leadership roles we’ve looked to fill and will require someone with the ability to succeed at all levels of the recruiting stack – strategic, operational, and tactical. You will partner and collaborate with internal teams, external firms, and company leadership to design strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain employees, and execute these strategies effectively. To thrive in this role, you should embrace the challenge of shaping how an organization, and collection of organizations build and grow teams from the ground up.
- Lead by example as Atomic’s senior recruiter: source, screen, interview, close. Recruit across multiple functions, multiple levels of seniority, and multiple companies.
- Define and execute on the strategy to build the recruiting platform, infrastructure, tools, and services for the Atomic platform and portfolio
- Build, lead, mentor, and develop a team of recruiters and recruiting coordinators
- Establish robust, scalable candidate assessment and interview processes to sustain an incredibly high talent bar while ensuring exceptional company and candidate experiences
- Build practices to recruit diverse talent by proactively engaging in both pipeline and recruiting initiatives
- Demonstrate leadership and advisory capabilities to achieve measurable strategic and operational goals across all aspects of talent assessment, acquisition, on-boarding, and retention
- Manage and influence complex senior executive relationships as well as search partners to ensure objectives are met for Atomic and Atomic companies
- Leverage analytical skills, data, and tools to guide planning and execution against key business objectives
- Build a candidate pool and database using tools like an ATS, leveraging the underlying network that exists at Atomic and Atomic companies
- Provide leadership to the team and company executives including coaching, mentoring, and professional development on the talent front
- Embody, as an ambassador, the values, mission, and story for Atomic and each of our companies
- BS or BA degree required
- 10+ years experience in recruiting at an early stage hyper growth startup or venture capital firm in a talent recruiting capacity
- Experience recruiting across multiple functions, technical and non-technical and multiple levels of seniority, individual contributor to executive
- Experience leading and managing teams of recruiting professionals.
- Highly data-driven with experience driving performance based on numbers
- Familiarity with modern recruiting tools e.g. applicant tracking systems
- Clear bias for action and results. Ability to inspire action and foster a results-mindset in others.
- Superb ability to consult, influence and manage hiring partners. Ability to drive efforts and projects through relationships and a broad knowledge base.
- Ability to develop team members and maximize individual and team performance while maintaining a fun working environment
- Track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a manager and a leader during hyper growth, when there can be ambiguity and uncertainty
- A teacher. Someone for us all to learn from
- Exceptional communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Resourceful self-starter with a willingness to do whatever it takes get the job done