What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
The OnDeck Customer Management Team is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with small business owners across North America. Our team takes great pride in educating our merchants on the best lending options for their business, not ours. You will have the opportunity to create an amazing sales career without ever having to make “cold calls,” with leads provided daily. You will become an expert in SMB Lending.
The Customer Management Team is seeking a Credit Line Advisor for its Credit Line Management Division to help manage relationships, identify opportunities, and cross-sell our existing Line of Credit (LOC) only customers. This position requires creative thinking, resilience, and the ability to develop relationships.
As a Credit Line Advisor, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of existing LOC only clients and maintain continued contact with existing customer base.
- Onboard new LOC customers by making welcome calls.
- Close cross-sell business (LOC-to-term loan) consistently at or above quota level.
- Understand and apply proven concepts of deal structure and strategy that are proven models for successful achievement.
- Hit the phones hard and generate activity from existing small business customers.
- Follow up on leads and maintain an active pipeline daily.
- Respond to merchant inquiries about usage / mechanics of their LOC.
- Become an expert in Small Business Lending.
- Serve as an enthusiast for OnDeck’s suite of products and financial tools.
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future.
Qualifications for success:
- You have at least 2 years of inside/telesales experience
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You preferably have industry experience in SMB or Commercial lending
- You have proven success in a consultative, structured Inside Sales environment
- You have a track record of effective sales presentation and sales success as demonstrated by having met or exceed revenue and quota targets
- You are self-motivated, driven to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- You are flexible and adaptable to immediate or unforeseen challenges and able to be persist while maintaining strong, customer relationships.
- You have the ability to work effectively and proactively in a cross-functional team environment, including management, credit, operations and related internal staff to move renewal expansion process to successful close.
- You possess highly effective verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize opportunities to ensure effective and timely follow-up.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have effective use of customer information, sales resources and databases to maximize productivity.
What we offer you:
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- A workplace full of bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.