Avvo is looking for a UX content strategist to support our product team. You will work with editorial and ecommerce teams to deliver content experiences that drive growth and revenue.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing content deliverables and artifacts that support UX goals and sprint work such as content teardowns, audits, journey maps, content prioritizations and key messaging documents.
You should be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big while paying careful attention to detail, and eager to work in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy collaborating with other members of a product team like interaction designers, product managers, and visual designers to create experiences that exceed both business and user goals.
- Work collaboratively within an agile product team create product experiences that drive revenue and growth.
- Partner with visual and interaction designers, researchers, developers, and client-side engineers to build new experiences as well as optimize current experiences.
- Create messaging strategy based on your knowledge of user psychology and ecommerce best practices.
- Support and maintain content toolkits, style guides, and libraries.
- Assure project content meets standards of quality, measured in terms of usability, intuitiveness, persuasion, consistency, delightfulness, and business goals.
- Present and defend your methods, content explorations and trade-off rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, business stakeholders and UX leadership.
- Participate in UX discovery work, and help estimate work effort and deliverables needed for each project.
- Review competitive and innovative products and content design approaches to understand best practices and innovation.
- Advocate for best content practices within the UX team and the larger Avvo product teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, human centered design, communications or related field preferred.
- Minimum two years supporting UX sprint work for product teams.
- Proficiency with content management systems and APIs
- Experience working on UX and Product teams and collaborating with content strategists, designers, copywriters, and product managers.
- Understanding of SEO best practices.
- Experience with mobile, and/or responsive content experience a plus
- Comfortable in a fast paced, startup environment