Associate General Managers are a critical piece of DoorDash's success in every market. As a core member of the market team, you will primarily be responsible for engaging our customer base. While you’ll work closely with our operations team, you will be laser-focused on doing whatever it takes to quickly and sustainably grow our customer base throughout Los Angeles. You should be just as comfortable preparing an email marketing campaign as you would be analyzing its results with a rigorous, data-driven approach.
This is an intense, business-side startup role. There's no such thing as a typical day, and to excel, you can't just be smart – you have to be self-motivated, have exceptional interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and be highly analytical.
We're looking for superstars who can operate independently, move fast, and get things done, and who are excited by the idea of joining our growing market team and doing what it takes to win. If this sounds like you – read on!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Brand and content - Own the DoorDash brand in Los Angeles, managing the voice and image of DoorDash through email, social media, partnerships, and our blog
- Marketing campaigns and analysis - Create compelling, engaging campaigns, both through our channels and through strategic partnerships. Derive insights by relentlessly monitoring, analyzing, and quantifying impact through analysis
- Customer knowledge - Know our customers. Understand their preferences, habits, and behavior. Use insights to grow demand
- Analysis - Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and promotion efforts. Help drive our promotional and public relations strategy. Prioritize initiatives based on highest return on investment
- Strategic planning - Develop marketing strategies; set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Playbooking - Document everything. The learnings from the LA market will pave the way for growth in markets around the world
- Work cross-functionally with our Ops, Product, Eng, Sales, Analytics, and BD teams to streamline procedures, strengthen our product, and improve the way we do things
A strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do
Both creative and analytical - you can create compelling, original content that speaks to our customers (and would-be customers), and you can objectively quantify the impact of campaigns, always applying lessons learned to future initiatives.
Naturally curious and have a self-starter personality – you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on. You can't help but ask what, why, and how
An outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up
An owner mentality – you can't remember the last time you said "that's not my problem"
Detail oriented – you often find yourself getting obsessed by the little things that other people say don't matter, but you also know that done is better than perfect
Gritty and able to hustle – you get things done even after everyone else has given up, and work hard because you love to. You have a bias towards action.
- Passionate about helping and empowering others
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years of consumer marketing, analytics, or consulting experience in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- BA/BS from a top-tier university
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong consumer and product instincts
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus